20 Tips to Have a Green Wedding
Your wedding day is a reflection of who you are as a couple and what is meaningful to you. It is a great opportunity to show your loved ones how beautiful, fun, and delicious a sustainable lifestyle can be. The following is 20 tips that will help make your wedding Green.
1. Have your ceremony and reception at the same location
2. Create a wedding website rather than including information sheets with your invitations
3. Use reply postcards as opposed to reply cards that require an envelope
4. Use a caterer who supplies real china and glassware, as opposed to disposable dishes
5. Use cloth napkins
6. Register for your wedding gifts at local shops
7. Use a florist who uses flowers from local farms
8. Use flowers that are in season
9. Wear vintage bridal jewelry and wedding bands
10. Use a caterer who composts food scraps
11. Select bridesmaids dresses that your bridal party can wear again (they will appreciate this, too!)
12. Donate your wedding dress to a charity after the wedding
13. Wear wedding shoes that you will wear again
14. Have your caterer create a menu of local foods that are in season
15. Use all local vendors
16. Make sure the vendors you select use sustainable practices
17. Use soy or beeswax candles
18. Flower bulbs or seeds make excellent green wedding favors
19. Plant a tree in memory of your wedding day.
20. Use sustainable transportation and urge guests to carpool.