Part-time: $12 – $14/hour no service charge
Work Location: Abernethy Center 606 15th Street Oregon City
The best qualified candidate will have proven banquet and/or food service experience, specifically regarding the organization and running of a dish-pit. Candidate would be a self-starter and highly energetic. Under general supervision, provides clean and sanitary ware to customers and kitchen.
Duties & responsibilities
Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Wash, sanitize and unload all dirty dishes, making sure to manually scrub pots, pans and other kitchen equipment that cannot be run through the dishwasher
- Keep the dish pit in clean and orderly condition to meet mandated health compliance requirements
- Maintain a clean work environment by sweeping, mopping, emptying all trash cans and recycling, cleaning counters and refilling supplies on a regular basis
- Aid other employees and departments to contribute to the best overall performance of the department and facility
- Present a clean and professional appearance at all times
- Maintain a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor
- Perform other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management
- Have finger, hand and upper body dexterity to grasp dishes, push, pull, carry and lift racks, carts and large trash bins
- Bend, squat, reach and retrieve items from above head
- Lift, push, pull and carry up to 75lbs to include serving trays, carts, tables, chairs
- Continuous standing during preparation, service or expediting; 100% of the time scheduled
- Manage multiple tasks at one time
- Follow verbal and written instruction
- Be highly organized and able to pay attention to sound and sight details in a crowded and noisy situations, particularly when handling multiple tasks
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, professional image and excellent customer service and communication skills
- Willingness and availability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and evenings
- Operational knowledge of commercial kitchen equipment including but not limited to dish machine, garbage disposal, etc.
This position description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the position.